Hello, US Open Source Party supporters!
First of all, thank you all for supporting the party.
And no, we haven’t disappeared, but we are kind of chilling during this holiday season – gathering strength for the coming year, which will be a busy one.
Goals for the upcoming year include:
- Formalizing our existence as a political party/organization
- Clarifying our principles and goals
- Defining and adopting platforms
- Endorsing legislation, candidates and political activist positions that align with the principles of US OSP
- Incubating some of our own candidates and campaigns by the 2016 election cycle
- Gaining mass membership that will make our advocacy, endorsements and so forth potent.
- Raising the funds necessary to run a dynamic political organization.
- Forming a research and educational arm that can help us elucidate our advocacy.
Our elected leadership for the coming year
Chairman: Ken Goffman (aka R.U. Sirius) @rusirius
Vice Chairman: Jon Lebkowsky @jonl
Secretary: Krist Novoselic @kristnov
Member: Ryan Asburt @ryan
Member: Kelly Bell @yarnspotting
If you have not participated in our party, here is a brief account of how we are currently operating. We use Slack as a way for a forum of communication. We can propose and vote on platform planks, resolutions, bylaws and other policy positions on Loomio. Our by-laws, that have passed, are on GitHub. Please consider joining our endeavor and engaging these resources.
We look forward to the coming year.